Sunday, June 23, 2013

Fuck You, I Like 'Revolution 9'

People often disdain this song for no good reason other than the fact that it's avant-garde. Well, I have some news, motherfuckers, different can be good. Imagine if The Beatles never tried anything different?

They'd have stopped after A Hard Day's Night, would be forgotten; and their greatest song would be And, I Love Her.

Listen, experimentation is good! I for one love the shit out of Revolution 9, it's a weird-ass compilation of sounds to illustrate the rise, fall and aftermath of a revolution. Brilliantly done, I might add. A lot of people complain that it's "too scary" for them to listen to.

Who the fuck gets scared by a Beatles' song? Dumb motherfuckers, I suppose.

Listen, I get that it's not for everyone; but don't unfairly bash it and hail it the "worst" Beatles' song. It isn't; the absolute worst Beatles' song is Honey Pie. Seriously, fuck that song and any song by Paul during his 'granny shit' phase.

No comments:

Post a Comment