Thursday, June 13, 2013

My Predictions For the Finale of 'Breaking Bad'

As you know, I love the shit out of AMC's Breaking Bad. It's my second-favourite television programme of all-time. (The first one being FX's Rescue Me.) I also own all the available seasons on DVD. That being said; I'm hella pumped for the final eight episodes of this badass show. So, like everyone else, allow me to throw my idea out to the interwebs for you to enjoy:

 Without knowing any details whatsoever, I have my own slew of predictions for the finale of Breaking Bad, and I hope that it will be far better than what I have in mind.

Personally, I think that since the teaser of the first episode of the fifth season was Walter, alone, on his 52nd birthday, we can assume that he is on the run from the police. (I mean, Hank was pretty fucking shocked in the mid-season finale.) He gives the alias 'Lambert', which could be relating to Johann Heinrich Lambert, a famous mathematician, physicist, philosopher and astronomer. I say this because Walt already uses the alias 'Heisenberg' who is named after Werner Heisenberg, a theoretical physicist. We can also assume his cancer is acting up because of his pill-popping. And finally, he purchases a gun. All of these things could be where we pick up in the finale.

From my perspective, it's been a year of Walter on the run from Hank and the DEA. At this point in time, he is hopeless, and tired of running. He just spent his final 100 dollar bill; the last of his drug money. He no longer has Jesse, who has moved in with Andrea and Brock to live a normal, healthy life. He also no longer has Skyler or Walter Jr. because of a dastardly deed. (Which I'll explain in a moment.) He has returned to Albuquerque, New Mexico to finally finish what he started.

With his cancer starting up again, with a vengeance, he knows he has very little time remaining. He will try to reconcile with Skyler but will fail. After a final attempt to contact Jesse, by visiting him at his home, he will stir up a lot of bad blood between them, as Jesse will by this point know that Walt didn't save Jane. 

Remember that evil thing Walter did that Skyler can't forgive him for? Well, he killed Holly to save his own life. Deep shit, huh? Well, it'll get deeper.

In the last act, Hank will visit Walt and the two will talk. Walt will know his time is up, and Hank knows he won't go down without taking him with him. After a major-ass shootout, with Jesse trying to save his partner and Skyler trying to save Hank. Everyone will be dead, except for Hank, Jesse and Walt. Hank will kill Jesse; Walt will kill Hank; and the SWAT team will kill Walt.

The final shot of the series will be of Walter Jr. living with Marie and they will be watching endless news stories of what happened. Walt Jr. will excuse himself to the restroom, and he will pass by the room with the water heater. He'll notice the hole in the floor and will open it. There, he'll find money and a box of stuff. Among the objects in it, he'll find a note telling Walt Jr. how sorry he is for what he did. Deeper in the box, he'll find a recipe...for blue meth...

CUE SPIN-OFF!


Shit, I'd watch it.

2 comments:

  1. Why exactly would Walt have to kill his baby daughter to save his own life?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Varying circumstances.

    The way I see it, Walter would have to fuck up royally to be all by himself and on the run. I think that Skyler would never be able to face Walt after such a thing.

    But, it's just a prediction.

    ReplyDelete