Tuesday, June 18, 2013

I'm Currently Beginning a Novella.

That's right; my second book. However, this time I opted to write a piece of fiction instead of a book of essays and jokes. The book is a psychological thriller, to a certain degree. It's heavily influenced by the book A Clockwork Orange.

Also, yes, I meant the book. As much as I love the film and it's interpretation of Anthony Burgess' original novel; I more-or-less liked the ideas and philosophies of the novella.

By the way, in case you didn't know, a novella is a piece of literature which is too long to be a short story, but too short to be a novel.

The idea behind the story is of a dying old man who is intelligent, well-spoken and charming. After finding out that he will be dead within a few days, he goes into a bar and begins to tell the barkeep a story about a young man who went out and murdered people by the dozens, but was never caught. His story goes on for quite some time and as the book finishes up; the man heavily implies that it was he who committed the murders. But the final line will be quite a shock that you will never see coming. (I know, I know. Twist endings are always shitty; but this one is actually pretty deep and unexpected.)

I plan on it being 100 to 120 pages and it will be published through TheBookPatch. It will be more-or-less a satire and will be played more for laughs and poking fun at things instead of a gritty crime-drama that people may expect.

So, if my posts become a tad fewer and less consistent, please do not worry. I will plan on updating at least once a day; and perhaps more. If I write at least ten pages a day, I'll be over before I know it. Also, one more thing; the narrator will be unreliable, so do not hang on to everything he says as fact/fiction. It plays out in the ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment